Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Review: Bump and Grind by Genevieve Morton

The subtitle for this book is The A-Z survival guide for when you're trying to get pregnant and sick of being told to relax! which is a real mouthful, but probably what drew me in to buy the book in the first place. I then went on to have a pretty mixed reaction to it . . .

Positives
  • It was easy to get through. The A-Z format broke it into easy parts
  • It had some nice truths - the avoidance of the word 'relax' completely resonated with me. Can't tell you how many people have told me to relax/not think about it etc.
  • There was good information on testing and keeping track
Things that annoyed me
  • The book is pretty stereotypical - focusing on being married etc.
  • Continual bashing of 'Smug Fertility Goddesses' (aka those who boast about getting pregnant when they just brush by the partners). I know they're out there, I hate that I let them annoy me, and I really didn't need constant reminder of them
Things that made me weepy (Great)
  • Anything about how much this sucks or the idea of 'giving up' There were times when I needed to close the book and walk away from it.
Basically, a fairly decent book as long as you're able to dip into what you actually need, and able to walk away from it when you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment